Listings for Manufacturer's Agents (1)
Manufacturers’ Agent or Manufacturers’ Representative
A manufacturers’ agent or manufacturers’ representative is a self-employed salesperson that represents one or more manufacturers on a commission basis. The manufacturers’ agent usually works on his own and does not use any additional middlemen. A large portion of small- to medium-sized manufacturing firms in the United States depends upon independent agents to sell their products. A number of larger companies are also turning to the independent agent form of representation because it is proving to be a very cost-effective means of selling. Manufacturers’ Agents or Manufacturers’ Representatives can represent a local company or a company that is located in a international location. Manufacturers’ Agents could appoint distributors. Representatives may sell to wholesalers, retailers, government agencies, original equipment manufacturers, hospitals, schools, etc. The companies that an agent represents are called principals. Manufacturers’ agents that represent technical products usually sell merchandise that industries use in their own businesses. It may involve raw material and parts the company needs to produce the finished products it sells, or it may be machinery or electronic equipment designed to make company operations more efficient. The largest employers of sales engineers are companies that manufacture transportation equipment, fabricated metal products, electronics and heavy machinery. A single sale often represents hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of machinery, but one sale may take several months or even years to complete. A manufacturers’ agent may represent several principals who produce compatible, but not competitive, lines. For example, an agent may represent one company that manufactures industrial pumps, another that makes valves, and still others that make gaskets, piping, insulation and other industrial equipment that are complementary to each other. Manufacturer’s Reps can also be only active as a sales promotion individual or organization they do not sell a physical product; rather, they promote sales by supplying merchandising advice and services. They build goodwill by helping retailers to increase sales, since they give advice on publicity opportunities, store designs, special events, exhibitions, direct mail and other advertising media.
Why choose Burke Agency? Burke Agency is the leading manufacturers’ representative of plumbing & heating products in Michigan. Burke Agency provides manufacturers with complete market […]
184 total views, 0 today
Search Trade Opportunities
Just In Opportunities!
- No ads viewed yet.
Featured Trade Opportunities
- BIOROCK small onsite wastewater treatment
- N-Communications Voice & Video Products
- Dietary Supplements, Functional Drinks and Skin Care
- Pumps – Process Equipment Distributors and Agents Wanted
- For Sale: 1000 Liters Cherry-Burrell Fermenter / Bioreactor
- Company For Sale Electronics Recycling
- Helping Your Business Succeed in Mexico
- Export Traction
- About Burke Agency – Manufacturers’ Representatives Plumbing Products
- Suffolk County, NY Vitamin Manufacturing Company For Sale
Popular Trade Offers!
- Pumps – Process Equipment Distributors and Agents Wanted (239 views)
- BIOROCK small onsite wastewater treatment (237 views)
- Bridgewater Nigeria Limited – Importers, Exporters & Reps, Nigeria (212 views)
- For Sale: 1000 Liters Cherry-Burrell Fermenter / Bioreactor (212 views)
- Suffolk County, NY Vitamin Manufacturing Company For Sale (211 views)
- Cloud Peak Law Group (196 views)
- Company For Sale Electronics Recycling (193 views)
- Helping Your Business Succeed in Mexico (191 views)
- Aurum Pumpen GmbH (189 views)
- Dietary Supplements, Functional Drinks and Skin Care (186 views)